Jewels are items that can be placed into jewel sockets in the passive skill tree, and can be removed or replaced at no cost. They grant certain buffs and abilities. Like most other items, jewels can be modified by orbs and are available in the four rarities. A rare jewel can have only four affixes instead of six.
It is possible to have a jewel in an unallocated slot. Jewels in unallocated slots have no effect .
There are three base jewel types. They don't differ in implicit modifiers or level requirement, but rather in the pool of modifiers that can spawn on them. Jewels can be found starting at item level 20, and used at any level.
Only magic, rare, and unique jewels can be found in loot. Normal jewels can be obtained by using an 脚本错误.
Some unique jewels may come with a radius in which a specific effect occurs. The radius modifier represents the following internal values:
The corrupted property can have the following effects on a jewel:
- Turn into a rare jewel
- Turn into a unique corrupted jewel with the same base item (see: list of unique jewels received by corruption)
- Add an implicit modifier to the jewel
- No effect (other than adding the corrupted property)
Affixes for jewels follow some special rules:
- No item level requirement
- No tiered affixes
- Rare items can only roll 4 affixes, 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes each